How comfortable it would be to have a readymade life? However, by now you must have realized that the essence of living is to evolve from the everyday complexities. There are tough codes to crack, barb wires to crawl beneath, and grids to align so that you find a meaningful living. Following the map of others will never take you to your destination. You might not find your ground reality in theirs and you might end up dejected. Such are the times when you feel like hitting the reboot button of your life. Fortunately there are means where you can design the reboot button and hit it whenever you wish. Tidying up is the blueprint for it.
# Look at everything afresh!
After few weeks, the resolutions crawl in the dusty corners of the homes or offices. You often find them as you are tidying up!
That’s because you look at the same old resolutions with the same old pair of eyes. Start afresh not just on the first day of year but every day of the year. Everyday should be treated with the same enthusiasm as January 1st. Monitor your every action that means even breathing! When you think that everything is rushing past you, stop that very moment, breathe deep, set your grip, and restart. It’s alright to be slow in the beginning but once you get a hang of it, it will come naturally to you.
How to Start Afresh?
- Don’t be Judgmental.
- Praise others for their good work and compliment them for their true beauty.
- You will get praises and compliments; take them gracefully instead of shying away.
- Do one good deed a day call your old friend, offer food or water, give your seat etc.
- Smile throughout the day.
Don’t promise yourself to be a millionaire when you are working as a mid-level executive. Please just don’t! Instead make some small goals that work like steps towards a bigger goal. For instance, you can plan to spend less, save more, and invest your saved money. Making small goals will keep you motivated as they are easier to achieve. What you can do further is set a larger goal with smaller goals as the stepping stones. As you tick the smaller goals, you will be ascending towards the greater one. Don’t dream big, rather aim small and fulfill all your dreams!
How Set Small Goals?
- List down all the things that you aim to achieve.
- Divide them on the basis of difficulties.
- Plan to achieve them by setting shorter goals and setting a deadline.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for help (especially a professional one)!
- Never be harsh on yourself and celebrate the little victories.
#Dealing with Grudges:
Fights and arguments, heated conversations and misconstrued dialogues are inevitable. It is after these things happen, how you deal with them is important. Some people love to play the blame game and pin it onto others. Sensitive ones over-burden themselves with the guilt by over-thinking. Take a moment to analyze. In this glorious New Year, you need to set all the differences apart. This doesn’t mean you have to be apologetic every time (this can give a wrong signal). Dealing with grudges especially at the professional front becomes tricky but necessary.
How To Deal With The Grudges?
- If you tend to lose your mind in anger, don’t count numbers….it never worked for me.
- Keep quiet and listen what the person has to say (mentally register all the things said).
- Explain him calmly that you can’t talk at this moment and you both need a breather.
- Structure your thoughts coherently and sit down to discuss.
- Train your tone and voice while having such discussions and choose a private place.
This should ideally be your first resolution for 2016! It is not easy to work on the resolutions. You need determination and perseverance while you work on the resolutions. Only a clear and still mind can help you reflect better on your actions. When your mind isn’t cluttered you can be at peace and work on your goals better. You can stay focused and work in full enthusiasm if your mind is not cluttered with all the guilt or frustration of 2015. Moreover as days pass, you might do certain wrongs, instead of sulking over it, you can start afresh by tidying up and move ahead.
How To Meditate?
- Sit on the floor (possibly on a mat or rug) with spine erect.
- Fold your legs gently so that you should not feel any discomfort.
- Keep your hands on lap.
- Focus on your breathing (and smile).
- Quiet your mind by concentrating on the forehead between your eyebrows.
It is not easy to quiet the mind that has been worked up for so many years. Begin with 5 minutes and as you grow comfortable, you can stretch it to 30 or 60 minutes.
As you grow more conscious about your actions, you will be inclined in improving them every day. The more you work on bettering yourself, you make others happy. How? You inspire them for the change that you incorporated. When you are happy, nothing can destroy it for you! This year you are not breaking the resolutions but your old bad habits by tidying up!