I know you must be thinking of some ‘Supernatural’ adventures with the ‘Winchester boys’ but this one is nothing less than a magic. Many people use rock salt as a natural supplement instead of salt. This certainly has numerous health benefits. You must have heard some unusual stories about the rock salt, but discarded them as myths. Primary reason why these uses never made it into the books was the inconsistency in usage. While some fail to give you the right proportions or techniques to use, others fail to list the benefits.
Over the years I have been intensively researching about the uses of rock salt in different traditions. Coming from a multi-ethnic and multi-religious land with its ethos built over the span of 5000 years, I have compiled surprising uses of rock salt. They never made it in any literature except from some shady journals mainly because they belong to the traditions of oral literature. Folk stories that were sung, mixing home grown herbs for home remedies were all a part of ancestral wealth in India.
While you can certainly hunt for the empirical benefits of Rock Salt enumerated by the scientists, here I intend to discuss the unconventional uses of rock salt. The results are magical and you may roar ‘what sorcery is this?’ yet there is a reason behind it.
A fresh start will leave you energized throughout the day. While you may be bathing with your shower gel and shampoos, this century old traditional method is known to clear the aura. A 90 year old neighbor, who always had a cheerful demeanor even after losing her loved ones always left me in awe of her. I use to sit patiently for hours, listening to her stories. One day she shared her bathing ritual with the rock salt. I quickly penned it down in my moleskin.
Directions to Use:
- Take one fist of rock salt in a steel pan or a steel cooking pot.
- Heat it gently on a low heat over your stovetop for about 10 minutes.
- While heating, continuously and gently stir the salt with a wooden spatula.
- The heat she said breaks the energy of the salt and releases it.
- Turn off the heat after 10 minutes and empty the salt in a small glass bowl.
- Pour some water and gently move the salt in the bowl for about 5 or 10 seconds.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water (if you wish cold water you can do the same).
- Empty the moistened rock salt into the bathtub.
- Gently move the water in the bath tub with your hands.
- Don’t allow anyone else to touch your bathwater.
- Keep a glass of water with ½ teaspoon of rock salt in it near to your bathtub.
- Relax in the tub for about 30 minutes.
You will experience your skin and muscles relax as the salt enters your cells and atoms through your skin. Try to submerge in the tub as much as possible. She warned me that there are chances you might feel dizzy or experience pain. It can be a heavy and an uncomfortable experience on certain days.
- On such days place your hand on the glass of water with rock salt in it.
- The painful or harmful energies will be absorbed by the glass.
- Once you are done, dispose the glass water in the toilet and empty the tub. Make sure no salt residue remains in either the tub or the glass.
This at times looks like an elaborate ritual for all days. Hectic schedules and relentless activities might not leave us with time for such baths. She said that it is best to do it every day, as regularly cleansing the aura makes us strong to fight the negativity. Understanding my concern, for regular days, she suggested:
- Fill a bucket of water and put one fistful of rock salt in it.
- It will be best to atleast heat the salt in the steel pan as mentioned in the previous procedure.
- If you cannot heat the salt allow it sit there in the water bucket for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bathe with this water.
- In such conditions it is best to bath twice a day.
When we return home and are tired with little or no energy for our family members, such baths can take away all our dullness.
You must have felt a sudden dip in your energy levels upon entering a particular place. It can be your home, office or any social place. Even science has started to believe in presence of negative energies at places. It can be related to a negative gravitational pull because of wrong architectural structure or pure negative energies. The simplest way is to deal with them is with the rock salt.
- Put rock salt lines outside the main entrance of your home.
- One thick line is sufficient.
- Similarly put the salt lines outside every door of the rooms in your home.
- You can clean them every day by collecting them in a dust pan and flushing them in the toilet.
- Or you can clean them every alternate day or once in a week.
You need to feel connected to the place to determine how often you should clean the rock salt. If you sense dropping of your energy intensely, you can do it daily or once a week is perfect. While this takes care of your home, you must be worried about your office. While some welcome such insights, some bosses might think of you as a special case or a follower of mumbo-jumbo. There are tricks to get things done without attracting any attention.
- Place a small glass bowl on your desk.
- Fill it with rock salt.
- Change it every alternate day or once a week.
This ordinary looking rock salt has give tremendously magical results in just few days. There are only two things that you would need – a) obviously the rock salt and b) your determination to stay positive as it pulls out the negativity. The heated salt when absorbs the water molecules and releases negative ions that creates a healthier atmosphere. Artificial electro-magnetic wavelengths transmitted by electronic devices around us leads to nervousness, insomnia and lack of concentration. Rock salt amplifies the natural frequency in the human brain and synchronizes it with the frequency resonated by the planet’s electro-magnetic field. In simpler words, the practice of cleansing the aura with rock salt stabilizes the alpha wave rhythms in your brain.
In our further article I will discuss in detail the usage of Rock Salt to ward off the evil eye.